HDMI TO HDMI 6 foot cable

|

fat loss factor review


HDMI TO HDMI 6 foot cable Review.

 "Why pay out the wazoo when you can get this cable?!?!" 2007-06-18
By Ten D (IL United States)

OK - here's the story. I was going to buy a Toshiba HDTV. I had picked it out already and was ready to purchase it and that was when I found a promotion at a local retailer that if I bought a Toshiba HDTV then I can get $200 off of any of the Toshiba HD DVD players. The HDA2 was normally $399 but was on sale for $299 and with the $200 off I got it for $99!! You can't beat that!

Well, I got that on Tuesday and it was an unexpected purchase. I asked the person at the store how much the HDMI cable would be so that I can hook it up as soon as I get home. He said, it's a Monster Cable and it costs $124.99! Whoa! I went up to the shelf and saw the sticker that said $124.99 on it and on the sticker it said "Financing Available"! What?! I'm not going to pay more for the cable than I did for the DVD player! These guys are crazy!

I told the guy "You are nuts if you think I'm going to pay that amount" and I logged onto Amazon and purchased this HDMI cable I'm doing the review for. I paid, with shipping, less than $9 for it. I was a little worried about it though - I'm sure that there must be a difference between the $124.99 cable and the $9 cable. So, I took the test. I went and purchased the $124.99 cable (mostly because I was too anxious to try out the new HD DVD player and couldn't wait for it to arrive). I plugged it in and of course the HD DVD I played looked absolutely amazing! The very next day I got the $9 cable (pretty fast shipping by these guys by the way) and I hooked it up. I was worried what I would find but when I started watching the same HD DVD that I watched the night before on the $124.99 cable I could notice NO DIFFERNCE WHATSOEVER between the two cables' results. So I returned the $124.99 cable.

You will not be sorry if you purchase this cable over the other ones in the major retailers. Don't let them tell you "it's a better quality cable" or anything like that. This cable is built very well - you can just tell when you hold it in your hand that it was made well. You don't get the fancy plastic packaging that you have to tear into with a knife and cut your fingers on though (oh what a bummer!). Get this cable. It's great!

The only thing you will want to research is that I have seen in some literature that there are two different kinds of cables. I think there is a special one for 1080p DVD players (dont' quote me on this). So do your research before purchasing just to make sure that this is the correct "type". As far as build quality - picture quality, for use with an upconverting DVD player as well as the Toshiba HDA2 HD DVD player, it's an absolute steal.

 "Price performer!" 2006-04-01
By J. Collins (Los Angeles, CA USA)

HDMI is a digital signal. That means it's all or nothing--not like analog where you may have degradation due to signal loss, crosstalk, radio frequency interference, etc. As long as you have a decent HDMI cable to transmit the digital bitstream from point A to point B, you're set. I just purchased the new Sony Bravia S-series 32 inch LCD TV. To go with it, I trashed my old Apex with the missing remote and got a deal on a Sony DVP-NS70H upconverting DVD player that can synthesize "extra" lines of resolution. The player can send 720p or 1080i signal to the TV. (Current DVDs are 480p; that standard will change eventually with Blu-Ray and HD-DVD.) I knew that the upconversion feature only works through a digital connection, so I'd need to get an HDMI cable. Started checking prices and, no surprise, they were all over the place. Some were in the $100 range. Despite mild skepticism, I decided to try the cheapest one. This little beauty arrived in 3 days in a plain brown wrapper and a clear plastic bag. The cable is surprisingly robust, with nice build quality, supple insulation, and good connectors. I started to feel vindicated. So I plugged it in, put Harry Potter in the DVD player and WOW!! The DVD player and TV did their magic. Spellbindingly great picture and sound. I haven't tried a component analog connection--those cables are REALLY expensive and quality matters more there--so I can't compare component versus HDMI. Bottom line: this is an unbeatable price performer for around $10 incuding shipping. And no, this is not an April Fools joke.

 "great price...save $$$ buy this cable" 2007-06-07
By Living in Budapest (Budapest, Hungary (originally Ann Arbor, MI))

Living in Europe, I had to bite the bullet and buy an overpriced (approx $50) HDMI cable from the store that sold me my TV. I ordered this HDMI cable from Amazon and picked it up on a recent trip back to the US. As far as I can tell there is absolutely no difference in performance with this cable compared to the overpriced one on my other component. The spotlight reviews do an excellent job of explaining why this HDMI cable works just as well as the overpriced alternatives.

 "Now a believer" 2007-04-25
By Asad Ibric

You won't see a different in the quality of your iPod music when you use a gold plated gas injected USB cable to transfer the songs from your computer to your iPod! its a digital signal. Why should the HDMI be any different? Stick with this, clear and simple, if you want to read on, be my guest:

I purchased an HDTV 1080p TV with true color support about 2 weeks ago and a PS3 about 3 weeks ago. I had my PS3 hooked up with a $130 monster cable because the guy at the store convinced me it would make a difference in my picture.

While surfing the web, reading video and audiophile reviewers comment about HDTV related stuff, long story short I came across the cable debate and thought I'd test it out myself. I hooked up the PS3 with the monster cable, played clips of Black Hawk Down in Blu Ray, then hooked it up with this cheap cable. No difference at all. I guarantee you I am so picky with the picture and sound aspect of home theatre (well isn't that the point of home theater!) and would not subsidize quality to save a few bucks.

The picture is exactly the same as the monster cables picture. For those who complain about durability:

First off, the cables more durable then the monster cable. The monster cable was so thick it began to angle itself on the HDMI connection port. All that unnecessary crap was weighing it down and bending the connector port. Secondly, you don't say hey check out my super durable ultra quality HDMI cable that does the same thing as a $5 cable, you do that with cars and clothes, not cables. Therefore the performance is what should count not the brand name. Thirdly, digital signals have no loss, no matter how bad the cable is. This cables quality isn't bad, its actually very good, but assuming it was so bad that it was crap, the picture simply would not go through instead of going through poorly.

Injecting gas and having 10 coats of plastic around the cable won't increase the bandwidth of it, either. Only the HDMI version certification can do that. An HDMI 1.1 monster cable has the same bandiwdth as a $10 HDMI 1.1 cable because its meant to support the expected bandwidth requirements of an HDMI 1.1 unit/tv/ps3, etc. The same goes with HDMI 1.2, 1.3, etc.

 "Why pay more?" 2007-09-04
By Martin Anderson (Santa Ana, CA United States)

HDMI is the standard cable you would use to hookup your high definition cable box, satellite TV, and other HD sources to your television.

Circuit City charges between $40.00 and $100.00 for this same cable. Since digital is digital and this one costs $1.00, there's no reason to pay more.


fat loss factor review