Kingston Datatraveler 101 Gen 2 With urDrive 8GB USB 2.0 (Red)

|

fat loss factor review


Kingston Datatraveler 101 Gen 2 With urDrive 8GB USB 2.0 (Red) Review. Kingston® DataTraveler® 101 Generation 2 (G2) is here! This convenient storage companion lets you take all of your data to your home, office, school and anywhere you travel. Now with urDrive, it gives you a better way to look at your data while combining...

 "Excellent!! SO MUCH MORE than a Flash Drive - 8 Gigs - Compact" 2010-08-27
By designerflower (FLA, USA)

I was looking for a replacement for my son's old 2 Gig Flash Drive. After looking at Amazon's extensive selection, we decided to get this one. Our main deciding factors were price and the amount of Gigs it had to offer - compared to others. It was delivered within a week of placing my order, that's with "Free Super Saver Shipping", too. Upon arrival, I was amazed at the compact and slim line design. This thing is smaller than a standard cigarette lighter! It is also pretty solid.



Upon plugging it into my computer, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it has its own programming - that is built into the drive itself. There is even a little video tutorial that pops up once you insert it to your port. I realized that his flash drive actually has a LOT of cool features. It allows you to manage your files and folders in a convenient & logical way. It lets you store and play your music with a built in mp3 player function. They have a special program that lets you organize and explore your photos (built in to the drive). It smartly creates slideshows, which makes it perfect for sharing your pics with family & friends. It even has a built in internet browser - with a little app store - where you can get other cool applications to enhance your info storage. AND besides all of that, they have an optional back-up system that allows you to store your stuff in a back-up cloud storage space. This little thing has its own desktop... so it is extremely easy to navigate and utilize all of these useful functions. I have Windows XP Pro on my desktop, and my son has Windows Vista (on an Acer Laptop no less). Neither of us had any problems sharing, loading or storing data. I was very happy and it was an unexpected bonus to get all of these perks packed into such a compact design. I can't say enough about it. I am going to buy one for myself - that is how happy I am with this Flash Drive.



As for the physical attributes - there is a metal top, which twirls around to reveal the USB connector end. Looking at the picture, I thought that the metal part only went so far... but it actually spins around 360 degrees, which is a good thing. It easily allows you to insert the Flash Drive into the port. I was a bit concerned that that silver part was going to block it somehow, or make it a pain to use. But, no problems, actually it is a very smart design! Also, when you swivel the metal part, it does not spin around loosely. It will only open or close if you want it to, which is also a good thing. I am delighted with this flash drive. For the price, I just might buy a FEW, to give as gifts for the upcoming holidays. It's just that cool! This little gadget gets an A+!





 "Perfect Flash Drive" 2010-09-27
By G. Omura (Hawaii)

It has everything that I was looking for on a flash drive.



Pros:

1. Protective cover that can never be lost (rotates around the whole drive).

2. Little loop so that it can be attached to a key chain (lost a bunch of drives already).

3. Easy to plug in because it doesn't retract.



Cons:

The key ring loop could be a little bigger or they could add a little ring that could be attached to it.

 "Nice Buy!" 2010-09-28
By CMH

Kingston DataTraveler is a great buy and well worth the effort. I especially appreciate the extra (included) browser since my memory is low. It enhances my web experience while I wait to upgrade.

 "this is good" 2010-10-08
By SY

This is working well so far. Last time I bought Kingston DT Mini Slim, but broken now. That was breakable and weak. This Datatraveler seems strong enough..

 "It's Fast on Read and Write, and All One Piece" 2010-09-21
By Ethan A. Winning (Walnut Creek, CA)

I gave the other 16GB DataTraveler 4 stars because the cap comes off and there's no place to store it or clip it when this drive is in use. Well, this one is one piece, and since it reads and writes fast enough for me, it gets 5 stars.



As usual, the Kingston drive did NOT let me down. It's become my favorite flash drive. All devices I have that use USB flash drives (car stereo, clock radio, etc.) recognize the Kingston drives. That is not true for two other brands that I have ... and wish I didn't.



Some have complained that these drives are too slow. I don't understand that statement at all, and I don't understand how fast a drive has to be other than instantaneous. This one reads and writes quite fast, and I was able to load 200+ "albums" in less than 8 minutes. Photographs took quite a bit longer and my solution was to go get a cup of coffee. The truth is that this drive is as fast as my 60GB Western Digital, and if a jump drive ever gets to 60GB (and they will), and it's a Kingston, I'll buy it.


fat loss factor review