Motorola Droid OEM Window Mount - Only for the First Generation Motorola Droid

|

fat loss factor review


Motorola Droid OEM Window Mount - Only for the First Generation Motorola Droid Review. The Motorola DROID Car Mount attaches to your windshield or dash via suction and lets you position your phone for easy viewing and access. Works great with your phone's navigation app or find out who's calling hands-free. Quick release and attach. Includes a rapid car charger cigarette light adapter to keep your phone powered while in the car. Compatible with Motorola DROID....

 "Great product" 2009-12-31
By Terry M. Anderson

When attached to the windshield I experienced some vibration at highway speeds that made the screen very difficult to read. However, I attached it to the dash (using the included suction/sticky pad) and have not had any issues with vibration since. The phone is very easy to get in and out of the cradle, but is held firmly in place while locked in.



The magnetic sensor in the phone automatically detects that the phone is in the car dock and brings up the GPS navigation without having to touch a single button. The cradle still allows for use of the 3.5mm headphone jack as well as the charging slot, making it great for use as a "satellite" radio (Streaming Pandora or Slacker) and GPS unit all in one.



The unit can be adjusted to be used from pretty much any angle or mounting point. The twist clamps used to lock in the angles are very secure and do not move about once tightened.



Very good buy, do not hesitate.

 "The Right Car Dock for the Job" 2010-02-03
By Andrew Koester

I've been a victim of 3rd party accessories. I'm rather leery of window mounts in general, but since this is an OEM Motorola product built just for the Droid, there really was no way I could go wrong. The price of $30 was a little hard to swallow at the Verizon store, but once I got it mounted (it comes with a regular suction mount, as well as a stick mount for putting it on your dashboard) in my window I found just why you go and buy original accessories. Since it's built for the Droid, my Droid of course fits perfect. I was rather happy to find that it's very easy to get the phone in and out, without the risk of scratching at the casing, and it's also easy to plug in the headphone jack as well as the power charger, not to mention use the buttons on the device. I leave the mount in my window, and slip the phone in place when I need to use it for Navigation, which sends it in to Car Dock mode, providing an easy menu for operating the phone when it's docked, providing easy access to your contacts, Google Navigation, and voice command. I was also rather happy that it's very easy to adjust the face position of the phone, but it stays in place, a big bonus to anyone who's had to deal with touchy mounts that either just fall over or won't move unless you adjust the dial. Even though it's a little pricey, I'd still recommend anyone with a Droid just get this dock off the bat.

 "Misleading description, but great item." 2010-02-18
By D. Kim (Chicago, IL USA)

While the dock itself is just as good as you can expect, mine did not come with the car charger. Mine was purchased from Amazon.com and not a third party or associate seller. Buyer beware!!!



On to the review!

The unit itself is made of a beefy nylon. Far better than the cheaper window units I'm used to. The suction cup seems to be well engineered. I've had problems with inexpensive units where the cup separates from the base itself.



As for the phone cradle itself, it's well made. The phone definitely clicks into it. If you don't hear the click, then it's not fully seated. It's very possible for the clip to hold the phone seemingly securely via friction, but don't be fooled. The first bump, and your phone will fall out.



The only niggling point is that the phone cradle covers the camera. That's unfortunate. Layar's or another virtual augmentation app while driving would have been cool. Nothing a little drilling can't fix but unfortunate since it'll weaken one of the corner supports.



The box itself came with the window mount unit, an alcohol wipe, and a flat rigid plastic disc that can be affixed to your dash with supplied double sided foam tape. The window arm then suction's itself to the smooth side of the disc. I thought that was a nice touch.



I'm happy I bought the window mount, kind of bummed I didn't get the charger though.

 "Great Mount" 2010-03-06
By M. Deschaine

I ordered this and it arrived in a few days. I opened the package and it came with a few parts to put together, I was dash mounting this so I used all the parts. I cleaned off the dash with the supplied alcohol pad and stuck the sticky base on and it went right on fast. I then mounted the holder and I had a few problems getting it to stick correctly, but when I did get it it went right on. I snapped the actual phone holder onto the base and stuck the droid in. It went right in and immediately went into car mode. The face was sliding and dipping all over the place until I realized I had to tighten it all with the knobs and when I did the thing was perfect.



Some people are saying they got one without the car charger but mine did come with the rapid car charger but I don't think I would ever use it. I have a USB splitter I use in my lighter than I can plug pretty much anything into that has a USB connection and the splitter has 2 slots. I would call and say it didn't come with a charger if you need it and I am sure you can get one.



Overall I highly recommend this mount, I am not disappointed.

 "Works great!" 2010-06-07
By T. Lee (PA)

I bought this for my husband's Droid. He originally bought a non-OEM dash mount that wasn't very good at all. This suctions quite well to the windshield and adjusts very smoothly and easily. He wasn't so big into suction mounts, but he is sold on this one!



I feel like I'm playing World of Warcraft, because this is definitely an epic mount!!!!


fat loss factor review